As a Telecom Engineer, this position designs, plans, studies, and evaluates telecom systems and networks based on customer requirements. He must comply with established standards in addition to managing the resulting deployment projects.
- Monday to Friday daytime schedule
- 37,5 hours per week
- Participate in preliminary engineering to establish the feasibility of projects submitted by clients.
- Prepare cost estimates and cost sharing attributable to the various partners for the various mandates.
- Prepare and update connection and merging diagrams and establish optical links according to customer requirements.
- Determine the passive equipment of the external network.
- Ensure the follow-up of the invoicing and validate the payments to the various contractors throughout the project.
- Follow up on fee changes and endorsements.
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate bids for work to be performed (purchase orders, local loops).
- Prepare and validate for fiber optic projects, cable, panel and box orders.
- Perform project opening according to ISO standards.
- Prepare various engineering related purchase orders.
- Review customer fiber optic registration files for notary records.
- Follow up on the project with the contactors (planning, schedule and follow-up).
- Conduct various meetings and discussions with the client and project professionals throughout the execution period.
- Participate in the billing of fees.
- Analyze and sign the documents required for permit applications (plans, SVD, load calculations).
- Assist clients in the management of government grant programs.
- Participate in the planning of engineering service offerings.
- Collaborate to maintain cohesion with all departments in the organization.
- Concern, encourage and contribute to prevention efforts for a healthy, safe, respectful and continuously improving work environment.
- Performs all other reasonable and related duties normally performed by a person in the same position and within the skills, competencies and ability of a Telecom Engineer.
- Valid class 5 driver's license.
- Engineering university degree.
- Be a member in good standing of the Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec.
Updated on Oct. 5th, 2021
Send your resume at
- Agent(e) aux permis et droits de passages
- Project manager designer
- Court Clerk
- Accounting clerk
- Warehouse Clerk
- Foreman (team leader) - Civil works
- Foreman (team leader) - telecom fitter
- Refrigeration technician
- Process and Permit Manager
- Telecom Engineer
- Telecom day labourer
- Telecom fitter
- Telecom survey technician
- Payroll Specialist (Paymaster)
- Optical fiber technician
- Telecom Technician