Payroll Specialist (Paymaster)
The Payroll Specialist (Paymaster) will be responsible for performing all activities of the payroll process. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating and administering payroll and employees benefits services in full compliance with the applicable collective agreements (CCQ), employees employment contracts , internal policies and varias applicable laws.
- Daytime schedule, Monday to Friday (flexible schedule possible if needed)
- Around 37.5 hours per week
- Be responsible for payroll calculations and verification.
- Generate payroll related reports for analysis, information or statistical purposes.
- Ensure compliance and integrity of information.
- Administering pay laws (Employment insurance, QPP, insurances, labour standards, employment records, RRSP, alimony, union dues, etc.).
- Develop and optimize systems, processes and procedures.
- Manage the third parties remittances process (government, insurances, RRSP, union, etc.).
- Administer taxable benefits (auto benefits, group insurance, disability, RRSP and others).
- Calculate retroactivities or other special payments.
- Responds to questions and requests from employees, managers and external agencies regarding pay related data.
- Carry out the creation / modification of pay files.
- Prepare records of employment, issue of statements 1 and T4 for tax purposes.
- Management of interfaces between information systems.
- Manage all year-end payroll activities.
- Work on any other improvement projects and digitalization process.
- Ensure payroll compliance according to collective agreements and work policies.
- Validate accuracy of the data in the system according to hiring contracts.
- Produce monthly payroll entries.
- Collaborate to maintain cohesion with all departments in the organization.
- Concern, encourage and contribute to prevention efforts for a healthy, safe, respectful and continuously improving work environment.
- Performs all other reasonable and related duties normally performed by a person in the same position and within the skills, competencies and ability of a Payroll Specialist (Paymaster).
- Relevant college or university degree in business administration, finance or accounting (any combination of training and experience demonstrating payroll management abilities could be considered)
- Member of the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA)
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar position
- Construction payroll mastery (CCQ)
- Master the different software of the office suite
- Asset - Mastery of Maestro software
- Asset - Payroll experience
- Asset - Bilingual (French / English)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in teams
- Ability to process a lot of information
- Respect of deadlines
Mise à jour le 2021-10-20
Send your resume at
- Agent(e) aux permis et droits de passages
- Project manager designer
- Court Clerk
- Accounting clerk
- Warehouse Clerk
- Foreman (team leader) - Civil works
- Foreman (team leader) - telecom fitter
- Refrigeration technician
- Process and Permit Manager
- Telecom Engineer
- Telecom day labourer
- Telecom fitter
- Telecom survey technician
- Payroll Specialist (Paymaster)
- Optical fiber technician
- Telecom Technician